A database tunnel allows you to connect to a remote database instance through a secure
connection. To open a tunnel, use the open-db-tunnel command. When you open
the tunnel, you will obtain the connection details required for the remote database
instance, including a user and password.
Open the command window in the <SDK>/tools folder.
Execute the open-db-tunnel command:
neo open-db-tunnel -h <host> -u <user> -a <account> --id <schema ID>
If the tunnel is opened successfully, the following details are
- Host name: localhost
- Database type: HANA, HANAMDC,
- JDBC URL: For example, jdbc:sap://localhost:30015. Required for the
Eclipse Data Tools Platform (DTP).
- Instance number: For example, 00. Required for the SAP HANA
- User: User for connecting to the database. For SAP HANA database (MDC) and SAP ASE
database, no user or password is displayed. You can use the user
that you created. For more information on creating database users,
Creating a Database Administrator User for
SAP HANA databases (MDC)
- Creating SAP ASE Databases for
SAP ASE databases.
- Password/Initial password: Password for the database login. An initial password is only
shown for schemas with database type HANAXS on productive SAP HANA
- Schema name: For database types HANA and HANAXS
Now that you have opened the database tunnel, you can connect to the remote database
instance using the connection details you have just obtained.
Note The database tunnel must remain open while you work on the remote database
instance. Close it only when you have completed the session.